SpeedoMeter GPS v8.6.2 for blackberry applications - The SpeedoMeter shows the current GPS speed in large digits on the BlackBerry® screen.
File Size: 30 KB
Required: 5.0.0 or higher
Model: Blackberry OS 7.1 Series: P'9981, 9860, 9850, 9810, 9620, 9360, 9350, 9320, 9310, 9220, 9930, 9900, 9790 / Blackberry OS 7.0 Series: P'9981, 9860, 9850, 9810, 9380, 9360, 9350, 9930, 9900, 9790 / Blackberry OS 6.0 Series: 9800, 9670, 9105, 9100, 9330, 9300, 9780, 9700, 9650 / Blackberry OS 5.0 Series: 9630, 9800, 9530, 9500, 9550, 9520, 9105, 9100, 9330, 9300, 8980, 8900, 8530, 8520, 8350i, 8330, 9700, 9650, 9000
Example of Usage:
A speedometer like this can be very useful on boats or basically any fast moving object where you want to see your current speed in real time.
- Hooks up to internal GPS receiver.
- Shows current speed provided by GPS receiver.
- Large digits for easy reading when you're on the move.
- Supports speed units: m/s (meters / second), km/h (kilometers / hour), mi/h (miles / hour), knots (same as nautical miles / hour).
- GPS can be turned on/off manually.
1) Install the application on your device.
2) Click the SpeedoMeter icon to start the application.
3) Move away from tall buildings, outside to an open area to have the best possible GPS satellite coverage.
4) Click "Start GPS". "GPS Searching…" will appear in the program title to indicate GPS is turned on. If you never used your GPS receiver before or it is a long time ago since you used it, it might take up to 30 minutes to obtain the first GPS position fix.
5) Wait until "GPS Receiving…" appears in the title. This means your device has obtained a GPS position fix.
6) Select the speed unit you prefer at the bottom toolbar and enjoy.
7) Do something good to yourself.
BlackBerry® Smartphone with internal GPS receiver. If you are unsure, please check with your provider whether GPS is supported on your device.
It does not make much sense to use SpeedoMeter when walking. Especially not in the city where tall buildings might block or reflect GPS satellite signals. The speed reading might jump up and down or might even be too low for showing anything when you are walking. GPS works best outside in an open area with a clear view to the sky.